Welcome to our Website

Burton Latimer Town Bowls Club has now been established for 80 years, we are a local club with a healthy membership. The club has a warm and inviting atmosphere that is enjoyed by the local community.

The Club is open to all individuals whether Novice or Competitive and members are able to play in The Club League and competitions. BLTBC is affiliated to Bowls Northamptonshire and Bowls England. As well as annually competing in friendly games against Local and National clubs, members are able to play in ' Higher Level ' Competitions. In BLTBC you are encouraged to be competitive and The Club is honored to have members who have achieved ' County Champions '. Also, The Club is privileged to have members who have gained High Seats within The County Committee.

Our members work extremely hard to provide a varied social calendar throughout the year, this includes quiz nights, race nights, themed evenings, gala day & our annual trip to Potters (near Great Yarmouth)

First and foremost however, we are a club for the community, so if your interested in bowls (whether a seasoned pro or a first timer) or would like to become a social member, then please have a look at our website and see what we have to offer.







Our Club History



1934 - 1947

Burton Latimer Town Bowls Club began its existence on the 4th June 1934 and at that time was played on a piece
of land in Higham Road where there were tennis courts and a clock golf green. On the 17th January 1935 the AGM was held along with the 1st Annual Dinner. It was proposed at this meeting to allow Ladies to join the Club and 14 Ladies were
enrolled during the evening. In 1935 the Club moved to a green behind the Conservative Club in Church Street. With the outbreak of the second World War matches were seriously curtailed due to travelling difficulties. To offset this, the "Burton Town Bowls League" was formed and is still in existence today.
     
-------------------------------------------
1947 - 2005

After the war the Club renewed its fixtures with other clubs, and in 1947 it was decided the Club become affiliated to the English and Northants Bowling Associations. In 1960 with the reconstruction of the Town centre Kettering Borough Council provided a 6-rink bowls green along with a clubhouse behind the car park in Churchill Way.This was run by the
Kettering Borough Council until 2005 when the members took over the lease of the Clubhouse and erected a purpose built clubhouse.